Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me ID 3 Dracaena's please

Posted by Marcel_NL none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 8:27

Hello,

I just found 3 very cheap Dracaena's (I think) in a supermarket, but I am having some trouble ID'ing them, maybe you can help.

First one I think is a D. Marginata (is it Bicolor?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me ID 3 Dracaena's please

Second one

D. Fragrans ?? (Green Stripe ??)

o

Third one

D. Reflexa ? (Song of Jamaica? or India?)

o

Yes, #1 looks like D. marginata tricolor.
#2 looks like D. sanderiana of some type.
#3, looks like 'Lemon surprise.'

Good lookin' plants.

EA has all 3 of these. Did they come from there?

o

Thank you purpleinopp!

Re. #3 Lemon surpise? Interesting, I thought because mine doesn't have the thin white stripes it more resembled D. reflexa (at least in my book of houseplants it did:). But I wasn't sure.

They didn't come from EA, but from a German supermarket ('Real'). I live in the Netherlands less than a mile from the german border.

Thanks for the help!

o

Number 3 is definitely lemon lime

o

Is it possible that #3 is also some cultivar of D. sanderiana? Maybe it's just me, but #2 and #3 look almost identical (the slimness of the leaves and their length, not to mention the growth habit of the leaves) aside from color.

Planto

o

Actually planto might be on to something

o

Thanks all!
Yes #2 and #3 look almost identical aside from color. It's very difficult for me to compare pictures of D. sanderiana with D. Lemon lime in a browser. Especially since many seem to be mislabeled. At least I know my initial assumption with #3 (D. reflexa) was wrong.

o

Here's another picture of all three side by side...

o

Looking from the side, I'm not sure about #3, which is on the left in this last pic? It doesn't look like one of the 'lemons' with the angle of the leaves and spacing of them on the trunk.

o

Yes #3 is on the left. #2 and #3 (left and center) are very very similar except for the colors (which show better in the individual pics). I am leaning towards your original suggestion Lemon surprise or Lucky bamboo from the google images comparison.

o

1 is marginata
2 is warneckii
3 is warneckii lemon lime. Leaf color is not right for reflexa.

This post was edited by terpguy on Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 22:22

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here