Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Monstera Variegata and regular Monstera live in the same pot?

Posted by ursulita z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 10:00

I'm thinking to combine the two, for a visual effect. Will the regular one overpower the variegated? Just wondering if it's a good idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Monstera Variegata and regular Monstera live in the same

They could live together but in the end, you would have to get a humongous pot because both are extemely large plants.

Susan

o

Heh... that's not a problem - that's the end goal. :-) I've seen an absolutely huge Monstera in a university prof's office, in a not-so-big pot, too, and I'd love to have one like that. My concern is - would the regular Monstera eventually edge out the wimpier variegated one?

o

Oh, I see what you mean and you have a point there. There are a lot of people here that have monsteras so someone will jump in to help you. Good Luck! They're lovely plants.

Susan

o

Most likely the plain green monstera would grow faster than the variegated one. Maybe you could prune it to keep it in control.

o

They would most likely be fine together, Get something very strong for them to climb up because once they get big they're very heavy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here