Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Purple Passion plant. Is thsi good growth?

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 13:38

Hello folks..

I was wondering if this is good growth for this plant since it was in a 4 inch pot and exactly half the size last year.

Is it suppose to be much bigger or is the growth at this pace normal? I've been tenpted to put it outside in the summer, but something tells me it would not be a good idea to grow as an annual in a basket under a tree.

Thank you:-)

photo DSCF4097_zps41d4c252.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Purple Passion plant. Is thsi good growth?

That's a good question. I put mine outside in a TON of sun, and it's much more purple, but much less mass also, leaves dying as fast as they grow. I think the soil has broken down more quickly than I anticipated, would have been better if repotted or even just up-potted before coming inside, still in a 4" pot. I'm sure we'd both like to have both - more leaves that are also more purple.

o

I think yours looks really good, I put one out in the summer & it fried,and it wasnt even in direct sun, I now have great success growing strictly indoors.

o

Inside to out side transition should be easy enough for you, it's the out side to inside later this year that might not go as well.
Looks good now if all grows as expected outside over summer do you have the height or space in the in the hot house for fall ? winter ?

o

Ive had one for about 3 years and it grows more viney then bushy. I do not reccomend putting it outside at all. although the more sun it gets the more purple it gets. make sure it gets plenty of light in a nice window. This plant Loves water too. I have had mine near death a few times and learned my lessons. Do going outside, give enough sun and water, and never cut it way down when taking cuttings or pruning it!

o

Hi Mike, your plant looks very healty and pretty...I could never grow one of those....mine away grew spindly and few leaves...good job....linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here