Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elkay_gw

I guess I have a weakness for.......

elkay_gw
11 years ago

aglaonemas, especially the red and pink ones. Found this in a Lowe's store - not the one I usually go to.......THAT one has the most neglected, awful looking plants I've ever seen. There were two of these, so I took the better looking one. Didn't want the ceramic square outer pot, but that's the way it's sold. I like the plastic pot it's in, it's clear so you can see the outer roots.
{{gwi:73747}}

{{gwi:73748}}

Comments (8)

• jduren
    11 years ago

Lowes has been a very good source for odd ball plants. I picked up the pink version for $9.95 vs $19.95 at my local nursery. They also had the sansevieria cylindrica skyline for $13.

I must be different when it comes to house plants,shrubs and trees. I will buy the abused plants because I know in time I will have 'em looking there best....Jack

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Elkay,

I love that aglaonema, I have a different type of pink aglaonema, and a few weeks ago I found this other weird colored aglaonema (red, green, and gold), not sure what color to call it, here's a pic-

• nancy_pnwzone8
    11 years ago

congratulations... those are both nice finds.

i'm surprised that the pink ags are beginning to show up at big box stores. it wasn't that many years ago that they were only available as expensive overseas imports.

i too have a weakness for ags. most of mine are green, but i have two pinks - Ayn ya manee and sparkling sarah.

i think that house plants are one of the few things where you have no idea what you're going to find until you get there. i think that it makes it sorta fun in a way, but in another way it's bad because it makes you think things like "i better buy this because i might not ever see one again." and then plant collecting addiction sets in :-)

cheers,

nancy

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Nancy, "I better buy this because i might not ever see one again." No doubt! This is true so many times.

Apparently I have a weakness for these too. I have 4 diff. Ags and would LOVE to have the two pictured here as well.

Of course, I LOVE that purple pot! The last Ag I got was in a ceramic cache pot too. I don't know who thought that was a good idea for BBS's...? From what I could tell, this batch of red ones were brought in to be sold as Christmas decorations so may have been on clearance in mid-Jan. (yay!) even if it didn't have dead leaves on it.

• Amanda (asarumgreenpanda, z6MA)
    11 years ago

All three of those plants are stunning. Thanks for the inspiring photos. (Now I'm wondering why I don't grow these...I have just the place for them...) And, yes, I know that feeling of "better get it while it's here and alive."

Amanda

• eahamel
    11 years ago

I got one at Lowe's, too. I was really surprised to find it there, and at such a good price!

The cat has been munching on mine, I really need to find a better place for it.

• teengardener1888
    11 years ago

I have found hoya tgsangii there. that is a rare species

• 715rose
    11 years ago

I came so close to buying one of the Ags with the pink in the leaves a few days ago. But here they are $20.I decided since I will be buying plants for outdoors I would pass. These are $40 at the nursery.Woman at Lowes said lady from nursery comes & buys a lot of her plants.This Lowes takes excellent care of their plants.
    Doris Iowa

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH