Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pampered My Spidy today--and a Thank You

Posted by Lamora 8a WA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 15:05

Hi all plant lovers out there! :D

I pampered my Spider Plant today, if it is light enough for me to get off the chain from the ceiling, it is thirsty! Today was the lightest it has ever been. So I put it in the tub, gave it a gallon of water, w/some fertilizer and it drank it all up!! There wasn't any water coming out of the bottom. But it was all the "good" water I had.. hope it was enough.. :)

I trimmed the dead leaves and ends off. There weren't many dead leaves, but just about all the tips are brown.:( I even seen some good starters on shoots, one already has roots on it! But I think I am going to just let it grow.

All in all, she is happy now, hanging by the window (dh had to put her up cuz she was too heavy after watering) and she looks good.

Thanks to all of you.. advice and input and info and very quick replys to ALL my questions. Thanks to you, I am very proud of myself and my plants. I will have questions in the future.. and here, I am sure to find the answers.

Thank you all for everything! :)

Marjorie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pampered My Spidy today--and a Thank You

Hey Marj,

What is 'good' water? lol.

When your Spider was in the tub, did you turn on the shower to sprinkle leaves?

Plants love being showered.

After my plants are showered, they're left in the tub/sink to soak up steam/humidity. Afterwards, leaves perk up, look great. Toni

o
RE: Pampered My Spidy today--and a Thank You

hopeful. "good" water to me is distilled or from the dehumidifier. But Al set me straight about tap water, so I won't worry about it so much anymore. I just feel better with the "good" water, but tap will be ok for once in a while.. just a "me" thing.. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here