Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

some before and now pics

Lamora
10 years ago

Hi,, had to actually log in!! almost forgot everything-- lol

I said I was going to post some before and after pictures of a few things.. i have 2-3, will try for more later.

Remember that Christmas Cactus? The saddest thing ever?
{{gwi:74446}}

well look at it now!!
{{gwi:74447}}
New starts and everything!!

And that one potho that had roots on both ends of the stem?
{{gwi:74448}}

Here it is now.. there are 2 vines-- but the way it is, you can only see one..
{{gwi:74449}}

Hate to admit it but my DH did most the work with these-- never did give up on that CC..

All my plants got a good watering and feeding this morning, first time for feeding since i had my knee replaced (July) My DH will water them, but for some reason won't feed them-- go figure.. But i love him for taking care of them all this time.. now it is back to me.. I think..

I will post more pics later.. I REALLY need to organize them and see what i do and don't have... and they do not d/l in order, just puts them any old place..

There i go again, talking a lot more than needed..

Hope you are all doing well.. :)
Marjie

Comments (10)

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Marjie,
    Wow, that's amazing! I remember looking at that picture of your Thanksgiving cactus when you initially posted, thinking to myself it was a long shot if it was going to make it. It's amazing the will power some plants have! And that Pothos looks amazing as well, it looks like two different pictures of two different Pothos.

Planto

• Acadiafun
    10 years ago

Your plants look great! I think your Christmas Cactus is amazing because transitioning them from bare root to soil is the hardest and most don't make it. Well done!

• christine1950
    10 years ago

Great job, they look wonderful...

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Howdy,

Marjie, WOW!

What a turnaround!

Love your Christmas Cactus, or is it Thanksgiving Cactus?
    Whichever, it's beautiful.

It doesn't even look like the same plant..

I didn't see your Pothos when you first posted, but it too is different great.
    Congrats.

Hope your knee is healing..How long has it been? Are you able to walk around with a walker/cane/crutches?

Toni

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

The Thanksgiving Cactus is looking much better, indeed.

Josh

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

:) thanks-- My DH's CC (since he saved it) really came out of a dark place in it's life.. (least i THINK it is a CC and not a TC-- I can't tell the difference anymore /sigh)

Toni, my knees are doing much better, I am walking a few blocks now (weather permitting). Legs are still weak, need to build them up a lot, but my knees are doing really well. No walker or crutches or anything except my husband's hand.. still need to work some on balance too.

I do not regret doing this.. will be soooo worth it in the long run!! The frist one was done July 23-13, the second was done Oct 24-13-- They are still a bit swollen and my right leg, not the knee itself, is still very tight. But when the swelling is gone, it should loosen up to where it feels better. Everyone says it will take about a year or so for them to feel "good".

So yes-- looking forward to a better "me" next year-- :)

Marjie-- feeling good!! :)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Glad you're on the mend!

Yes, this is without question a Thanksgiving Cactus, Schlumbergera truncata. The points on the margin of each leaf (phylloclade) are a dead give away, as well as the color of the flower and the angle at which the flower is oriented.

Josh

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Great updates, on the plants and your knees! Good to hear, and see!
    - Tiffany

• Lamora
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Josh-- I used to know the difference-- but getting older, my brain isn't what it used to be to hold info,, /sigh

Will put a name tag in it now. :)

Tiffany-- thanks, I know it has been a while since I've been here...

Marjie

• veimar
    10 years ago

Oh I love such stories! Great job!
    I had a lot of plants in bad condition that I got for free or for pennies in stores and nurtured back to health.
    And kudos to your DH for doing the work! :)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting