Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friday night plant shopping

Posted by Sarah1502 8bGA (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 18:16

Last night my daughter and I were in a different town and stopped by the Lowes there. That particular Lowes certainly had a much better plant department than the one close to us. There were many more choices and the plants looked healthier. I picked up a spider plant (already named her Charlotte), a rex begonia, and an african violet. My daughter bought the orchid. (I already had the calathea in the background.) The new additions have helped to brighten up this rainy dreary weekend.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friday night plant shopping

What a pretty and cheerful group--they look so good with each other like that (as well as individually, of course). Thanks for the photo! It helps with the dreary weather here, too.
Hope you're enjoying the new plants.

Amanda

o

Nice plants! I love that Begonia! That's the way to spend a Friday night!

Kyle

o

That's an amazing haul for a L's. I have mixed feelings about BBS's but glad they're doing better lately, and it looks like you scored bigtime!

I'm trying not to buy a pretty pink Rex at "my new garden center" but it's hard when people put up such pretty pics! Silver is awesome too.

I've wanted to buy an orchid many times but unless someone holds it all the way home, I've never been confident it would make the trip without breaking. Do they not usually like heat? It also seems like when I see them it's cold and I wonder if that's OK or if damage would show up after getting it home... does that one have any scent?

o

Hi Purple!

This is our first experience with an orchid. My daughter has wanted one for some time and she had some birthday money with her. She held it all the way home.

This one does not have a scent. We currently have it in a small bathroom with a covered south facing window. It gets plenty of humidity there. The tag just says to keep the temp at 50 and above. We'll see how it does.

o

Good luck with the orchid. mi kill them by looking at them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here