Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID

Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 18:36

Hey all!! Lots of names that seem new out there. Nothing going on here... House hunting here now. So this is exciting.
Miss talking with my posseeee... Purple, Toni, Deadhead, Mike, Surfer and all the others That welcomed me so warmly...

Planted 3 more funeral planters this past weekend. Crazy ness... Friends sister, cancer last jan... That same friends mom last month... And that same friends sister (who i just mentioned) her husband passed after a fast agressive took over him.
So her sister, mom and brother in law all with in a year.

So im here for a plant id... Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID

Oh wow, sorry to hear about your friend's family!

Dracaena deremensis, maybe Janet Craig.

Hope the house hunting is going well, exciting!!

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 19:33

Yeah Tiff, its been crazy with her going through that. Awful. Her BIL, it came on as colon cancer . He was fine for several months and then all the sudden it spread like wildfire. Stupid cancer.

House Hunting is going good. Lots out there we like. Good thing is we have the ability to be very picky!! Although, leaving that evil witch sooner than later is key!!!

I should have known janet craig. Stupid Dracs... I do not need another one of those. I did get another parlor palm like the last one I had that didnt make it. Guess we will see how it does. That real big one that was sent to me is still doing super!!!!

o

Yes, I hope y'all find a house you LOVE!

I think I told you before the Dracs are addicting, like Begonias. Once you let one in the house, they start texting their friends to come on over to the party. Be careful!! Janet is especially friendly. Good to hear about the big palm.

What do you think of this new format?

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 15:22

Oh wow. I didnt see it till today!! Looks nice. Havent messed around alot but seems nice. Where the heck is everyone at???

o

Out buying more plants? I guess it's possible people have other, winter hobbies... hopefully not wallowing in S.A.D.

I like the new slickness, but the writing is TINY, ignoring my default text size settings! After making each page bigger about 6x, I can see it. Not sure why the actual words of the posts are the smallest writing on the page though. I can see "clippings" just fine, and the links at the top "return to house plant forum" are now extremely huge. I keep buying bigger monitors and web pages keep shrinking the writing more and more. Sick of squinting at FB. Bah, enough of my soapbox.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here