Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisapdx

Help with Meyer Lemon

LisaPDX
13 years ago

Hello -- I have my first meyer lemon tree, received in May for mother's day, in a container. The plant is about two feet tall and two feet across. It was doing well over the summer out on our sunny patio. It bloomed profusely, but didn't set any fruit.

It is now inside, in a south, south-west facing window, with a full-spectrum lamp on it during the day.

I recently figured out that it had a spider mite infestation, and have been treating it once per week with an insecticidal soap.

It is dropping leaves . . . .a LOT of leaves. About 50% or more of them. About 20 leaves a day.

After reading the wonderful posts here, I am thinking that my poor tree has been BEYOND overwatered. The soil is heavy, soggy, wet . . . .

SOOO, do I just wait for the soil to dry out on its own? Will that save the tree, or do I need to somehow dry it out more proactively?

ALSO, I just noticed today that the soil has both what appear to be "pedes" . . not sure if they are centipedes or millipedes, and what look like tiny baby earthworms. Are these pests that need to be removed . . . or just "things that happen" with indoor/outdoor plants?

Help Help Help!!

***I am not a person who knows anything much about plants really****

Comments (2)