Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Although small, another miracle Gardenia I wanted to share.. Pic

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

I just wanted to share my gardenias with my friends here since my little one has popped two new flowers today!

I will also take another of my big one at work that is just starting to pop more flowers.

I did take pictures of it in the last couple of weeks, and this little one I just had to take pictures of tonight.

Thanks for looking. I only wish you could smell the fragrance so needed for me at this time of the year. Another miracle!

My big one at work with still many more blooms to come soon:

{{gwi:5125}}

{{gwi:75447}}

My little one that I trim back every summer just popping blooms:

{{gwi:75448}}

{{gwi:7440}}

My ORANGE tree is popping blooms too. I will post those tomorrow.

Thank you everyone and thanks for the secret to my success!

If you have any blooming plants with powerful fragrance, please share pics with us..:-)

Mike

Comments (14)

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

Mike, your effectiveness at implementing the knowledge you've acquired is highly impressive! Excellent growing, my friend... most excellent! Look how healthy those leaves appear! Awesome! :-) Keep up the great work!

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    13 years ago

Strong work, Mike! Great shots - very healthy happy plants - shows you're doing it right! You're there, man - take a bow!

{{gwi:4771}}

YPA

• birdsnblooms
    13 years ago

Mike, your Gardenia is amazing..looks like it just came from Fl.
    Leaves are deep green and healthy.
    How long have you had it? Very nice, Toni

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Mike and the Magic Gardenia...! ;-)

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey everybody! Thanks so much for the kind words and all the help I have gotten to be able to accomplish such a feat!

As you know, these plants especially, can be one of the HARDEST plants to keep happy all winter and I am just grateful they even stayed alive..

Here is another one took this morning that is popping all over in blooms.

Toni: Thank you. I have had that one since last spring. I trimmed it down to almost nothing last summer in the hopes of being able to have room to keep it on my window sill, and never thought I would even see the light of day with buds. Just goes to show you you can never be afraid to give short haircuts to many plants. I think the color looks darker than it really is with a false. I took another pic this morning with sunlight reaching it. It is posted second:-)

Josh: Thanks. Your next plant? :-)

Al: Thanks a lot. You certainly had a hand in this!:-0)

Jodi: Thanks! Now we need to get you started on some plants a bit easier, like let's say..hum? Citrus? lol

Here is a couple of other pics of my other gardenia and a couple extra of citrus just fro you taken this am.

This is my other third Gardenia I own:

{{gwi:75451}}

{{gwi:75452}}

This is the true color of the smaller one above hit with sunlight:

{{gwi:75453}}

Extra flowers for you Jodi to motivate you to start a little citrus collect:-)

{{gwi:75454}}

{{gwi:75455}}

{{gwi:75456}}

{{gwi:75457}}

This tree is still throwing off flower from the trunk!

{{gwi:75458}}

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

They're gorgeous, Mike! The flowers are very beautiful, and also very interesting in form!

Once I feel I have a decent enough environment to collect and grow things like citrus, I'll definitely add a few to my plant collection... but for now, I have to stick with plants that can deal with my indoor conditions and space. Don't worry, Mike... I plan to make a few changes in the near future, which should allow for a greater variety of plant material.

The proof is in the pictures, Mike... great growing! You're using your knowledge well! :-)

• marquest
    13 years ago

Mike those are gorgeous, you really know what you are doing and you are doing it well.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Mike, I have a Gardenia...and it's looking good ;-)

Josh

• jane__ny
    13 years ago

Hi Mike:
    Beautiful flowers.
    How are you able to wet these plants indoors? Many seem large and I can't imagine how you are keeping them wet. Are you hosing them down, somehow?

Are they growing in your house?

Sorry to ask so many questions

Thanks,

Jane

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

Love all the pictures Mike, but the buds on your tree trunk are my favorite. lol!

cant wait to see what it looks like once they bloom!

I wish I could rinse my plants the way you do. But our water leaves them spotted!

JoJo

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

I, too, adore those flower buds on the trunk... the plant seems very willing to bloom!

That's an issue with our water, too, JoJo... hard well water tends to leave small mineral deposits behind. Rain water is a good alternative, though probably a bit easier to come by in my area than in yours! :-)

Again, Mike... great application of that knowledge! Your plants look healthy, happy, and hydrated! :-)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Absolutely GORGEOUS Mike...SO healthy, deep dark green leaves! You sure know what you're doing with them...Congrats and Great Job as always...you're my plant hero :o)

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

Hello!

Yes, Jodi~ rain is a lot easier to come by in your area than mine! lol!
    I am getting 2 more rain barrels, 50 gallons each this season. So I could probably take a little to clean up plants. ;-)

I've been hours trying to clean up a bay leaf tree! Oh the water deposits are awful! I just bought it. Using bottled water..lol!

Mike ~
    Hows the Gardenia ? full bloom yet?? I bet it's awesome when it does! All them buds are amazing!

Waiting for pictures. ;-)

Nancy! Hello!!!
    JoJo

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much!

Hi Nancy:-)))))). I was wondering how you were. I am always happy to see you around. Thank you so much for that. Your plant hero? Awww, that is an honor Pug and you are one too! I saw how you brought many back from that awful weather you had. Bravo!

Jojo: I took some more pics today but this stupid computer her at work won't let me post.I will post some from home very soon. I can't wait for all the others to open. It smells so good in the bathroom, plant room, and at work..lol. Thanks for that:-)

Jodik: You are right! Application from what I have been learning has been quite an enjoyable experience here, and I thank God for all who have taken the time to support and encouargement me after all these years
    My plants have been happier or healthier and I/they just LOVE the gritty mix and never under estimate the 5.1.1 mix everyone!

Marquest, there you are:-)))

Gotta go..........Have a great day!

Mike

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor