Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help id aroid

Posted by Grantgarden2 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:24

What is this aroid, i can not find the id for this plant! Here is a link http://www.flickr.com/photos/92745346@N04/
Thanks Grant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help id aroid

I'm no expert, especially when it comes to identifying things from photos, but that looks like a Philodendron to me, possibly a form of P. erubescens. Can we see a picture of new growth/partially opened leaves?

Amanda

Here is a link that might be useful: P. erubescens

o

o

I have quite a lot of P. erubescens and yours does look the same. The new shoots/leaves are a deep red/burgundy.

o

It looks almost the same, but the issue is that it show NO red on the newly emerged leaves.

This post was edited by Grantgarden2 on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 11:08

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here