Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide

Posted by guest123 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 14, 09 at 23:37

So plants give off oxygen during the day and carbon dioxide during the night. So my question is, does placing two plants in your bedroom mean that at night time (when you're trying to sleep) the plants are emitting carbon dioxide into the air in your bedroom? If so, would the quantum of carbon dioxide emitted by the plants meaningfully and adversely compromise the breathing air in the room at night when you're trying to sleep? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide

A quick Google search appears to have answered my own question: http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/108648/alternative_medicine/house_plants_for_better_sleep.html

But I am curious, putting aside those few plants that actually release oxygen at night, would the average plant that releases carbon dioxide at night compromise the breathing air in the bedroom and to a meaningful degree?

o

Here is another forum where a similar questiion was raised: http://en.allexperts.com/q/House-Plants-721/indoor-plants-sleep.htm

The answer provided there seems to be the knee-jerk response that ignores that plants release carbon dioxide, not oxygen, at night.

o
RE: Plants, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide-

And more analysis on the subject: http://fengshui.about.com/od/fengshuiforhealthqa/qt/fengshui_plants.htm

o

There was a discussion pretty recently about this:

Do plants rob a room of oxygen at night?

o

Thanks. Let's consider this post closed, and refer to the one already underway, which is very comprehensive.

o
Oxygen Plants, Nitrogen Plants, Oxygen Plants Manufacturers, Nitr

Oxyplants India deals mainly with Oxygen plants, Nitrogen plants. We are renowned as the Manufacturer of Oxygen Plants, Nitrogen Plants and Acetylene plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: oxyplants

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 25, 10 at 9:39

EXTRA COOL! But I'm really disappointed you don't have nuclear plants. :-( I soo had my heart set on one.

o

Hi,I am lokesh from india,To a certain extent, this is true. Photosynthesis and metabolism are completely seperate processes going on at the same time. While photosynthesis�by definition�needs light to proceed, and therefore fluctuates greatly depending on the incident light strength, metabolism is roughly constant throughout the day. Since a lot of the plant's growth occurs during daylight hours, the rate of metabolism also fluctuates, because growth requires energy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ayurvedic Products Manufacturer

o

Lokesh, I was about to give you bonus points for actually providing relevant information, but then I found that you had simply copied and pasted from elsewhere on the internet. So now you are both a spammer and a plagiarist. For shame...

Oxygen plants made me lol, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here