Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my spider plant a goner?

Posted by ChannerT none (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 23:42

I left my spider in my mother's care for a couple months only to find that she was over watering it. It was at the point where it was unable to even hold up its own weight. So I dug it up and discovered that the roots were all rooted back to the base. However on one side there is a tiny healthy root about 3 inches long. What should my plan of action be from here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my spider plant a goner?

Channer,
I might be corrected, but if it were my plant, I'd put knock all the soil off and "plant" it in a glass of water until it develops new roots (just the way you would with a baby spider plant to make roots).

Planto

o

Thanks, i guess I could give this a shot =)

o

Channer,
Sure, I hope it works out for you; update us on its progress!

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here