Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena surculosa

Posted by sjbaby 4 (momisonstrike@gmail.com) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 23:50

Thanks to peoples help i have figured out i do have a Dracaena surculosa. question is when i got it, it was half frozen and it is a small plant, no i didnt buy it, i am kinda the last stand for plants,it is warmed up and settled in now, leaves dont look wilted, i am going to do more research but is there any advice out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena surculosa

Hello, Sjbaby...

I have D. surculosa, but it's barely hanging on.
Hope yours is doing better.

My guy stays in a west window, pretty much, year round.
Like most plants, I allow soil to dry between watering, but not to the point foliage wilts..not too much anyway. :)

D. surculosa doesn't like wet feet, it will rot, however they require humidity.
Weekly showering and daily misting increases humidity..leaves attract dust, showering washes off the dust.
Avoid leaf shine products.

Of all my Dracaenas, surculosa grows the slowest.

Have a photo? Toni
Are the leaves frost-bitten? If frozen, leaves turn gray-black.

Have a photo by chance?

o

Try to find something other than tap water for it. No direct sun this summer. Agreed, this plant grows s-l-o-w-l-y!

o

none of the leaves are discolored, but i am worried about the roots, it is tiny, there are only 7 leaves, i didnt buy it and kinda ended up with it as a last ditch effort. around here if it is dead or dieing they send it to me. they left it in there car in single digit weather all day so no actual frost touched it. i am hoping i can get it through till it warms up then i have the perfect spot for it outside for the summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here