Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Bouquet I.D. Please

Posted by hort_lvr_4life (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 0:49

I got this plant from my grandmother's recent funeral. You know...those lovely plant gardens which have a bunch of beautiful, yet, incompatible plants all in the same container? I have no idea what this one is.
At first, I thought it was Coffea arabica, but, after comparing photos I just don't think so.

Anyone know what it may be? Thanks!

photo image.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Bouquet I.D. Please

ITS PRETTY BUT I DONT HAVE ANY CLUE TO WHAT IT IS

o

Ardisia crenata is a common (and pretty) addition to dish gardens.

I'm sorry for your loss, hort.

o

I have seen it before but the name escapes me at the moment. Not Coffee.

Rhizo is right, I had another window open and didn't realize the answer was already given when I posted.

This post was edited by buyorsell888 on Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 14:33

o

Mmmm...followup question: is it caustic in any way? I see it produces pretty red berries and I have a toddler as well as a baby on the way. Thanks!

o

To get berries, there has to be flowers, which then get pollinated. If your plant is outside at that time, that could happen. Indoor flowers don't usually get pollinated because most require some type of insect or bug to visit it to make that happen. If berries do begin to show up following flowers, you could trim them off.

Even if a plant is something edible, small kids can tear plants up in a split second. When my kids were small, all plants were in rooms with closed doors, or up very high. Life's just easier if the two can't mix, IMO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here