Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ristretto6

Philodendron leaves are curling -- I'm afraid it's dying!

ristretto6
14 years ago

I have had my philodendron for almost 5 years, and it's very sentimental to me. We have moved all over the place together -- from Montreal to Seattle (cross-country road trip with no A.C.) to Portland, so this guy's been through a lot and is very resilient.

Which is why I'm totally baffled as to why all of a sudden his leaves are curling up and it looks like he's dying. I'm kind of freaking out here. I live in a basement apartment, but the living room where I keep all my plants gets ample sunlight. It definitely gets colder in there during the winter but it's been warming up lately so I would think that this would actually be better for the plants (all my other plants, aside from my other philodendron actually, are doing great).

I noticed that he was looking sort of weak so I put him up on the windowsill where he gets more direct sunlight, but it seems like nothing much has changed over the past week. I have a feeling I may have been over-watering him so I've been laying off this week. His soil is still damp but not saturated. He used to have big full robust leaves and now they are tiny and many are yellowing.

Am I over-watering? Under? Too much sunlight? Not enough? Just a phase? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-lindsey

Comments (2)