Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any of the old gang here??

Posted by randy_e z9b FL (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 5:59

.... like around 10 years ago? I'm slowly but surely getting back into the plant hobby again.
Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any of the old gang here??

Randy, I'm still here. Glad to see you again.

Dorie (formerly from SC, now in Alabama).

o

well, I dont remember if I'd turned off the computer for a while during that year or not. . .

I cant recall my handle then, because I wasn't in Maine yet. Probably had my name in it . . .dunno if you recall me or not, I lived in Md and Va.

o

Hi Randy,

I am not sure that I remember you. I started at Gardenweb about 10 years ago. Most of the old gang is gone I'm afraid. I guess the only certainty is change. I pop in now and then. I'm afraid that I haven't contributed much lately though. I guess my life has been kinda busy.

o

Hey Randy, I'm an old gang member, hehe.

Seriously, I joined, Apr 8, 2002.

There have been a few Randy's throughout the years..Any particular member/s you're looking for? Toni

o

I'm here Randy. Susan in Virginia and I pop in every so often. I remember you having this huge variegated plant collection-even poison ivy. Glad to see you again.

Susan

o

Randy, are you the same Randy (& son) who collected variegated plants, including weeds?

I didn't put it together until Susan, 'above' mentioned variegated plants.

If you are, HI!!! I looked for your old site a couple wks back, but couldn't find it. Toni

o

Randy,

Oh yes, I remember you and the variegated poison ivy.

Larry

o

Hi Randy, I do not know if you are the randy from the old container, balcony forums crew.

I remember a randy from the Container and Balcony it was the only forums I went to when I joined. It was the good old days when we talked so much what was on the first page in the morning was on the 2nd and 3rd page in the afternoon. lol

Are you on the private invite forum?

o

It's so funny... I haven't been on GW in years and it just popped into my head earlier today.

o

Just wanted to say Hi although I don't recall plant convos from a decade ago too well. I first started using GW in 99 and have had a few names since then due to moves and/or changes in internet providers. I hope next time I move or change services I remember my password or to change my email address on record beforehand.

Bet you feel right at home, very little has changed. Come on in, the water's fine!

o

Tisha..think you're the same Tisha from way, back when.
How are you?

o

Well, Randy's visit was short lived, but we sure enjoyed him while he stayed, lol!

o

Hey Randy where did you go. Don;t wait another 10 years to come back.

o

Hey I'm still here.... just working on my irrigation. I'm slowly getting back into the variegated/odd plant collecting again after taking a vacation(?). I'm glad to see some familiar faces here.
Randy

o

I am the same Tisha from way back when. :-) I'm doing good. I got married back in October 2010 and we just found out we're pregnant a few weeks ago, and I'll be due in November. :-)

o

Randy, good luck finding the 'Odd Ball,' beautiful, varigated plants.
It was you who started my fondness of variegated plants.

Tisha, it's great seeing you, and glad you're doing well.
Congrats on both counts. A Baby! Awww. :)
November's a good month. When the baby's little older, he/she's birthday will possibly be around Thanksgiving and definately Christmas.
A real joy!

With a baby coming, will you have time to care for plants, or did you give them up for now? Toni

o

Thanks! :-) I still have 3 plants. 2 hoyas and 1 peace lilly. They all three stay in our sunroom during the winter, and the peace lilly stays there all year, but the 2 hoyas just got moved to the front yeard this weekend. They love it there all summer. They get good morning sun, and are shaded in the afternoons and evenings.

o

I would have been here then.

o

Tisha, 3 plants are fine. If you had hundreds, that 'could' be a problem, lol.

Anyway, plants do wonders for the air.

Do you know, want to know, if it's a boy or girl? Toni

o

... variegated poison ivy? Interesting! ;)

o

The Old Gang just got older yesterday.

Talk about a blast from the past, Marguerite and Tisha, it's nice to see you. Stop by the C&S Forum and give us a presentation on the Aloes of County Mayo, will you?

o

I got rid of the variegated Poison Ivy years ago...
Randy

o

Hi, cactusmcharis. are you still growing the Sanseverias?

o

Hi Ms. M.,

I am, too! And what's more, they're bite-worthy.

DSC05799

o

How old does the "old gang" have to be? lol

o

Sharon,

It's not a matter of age, it's more TIS* here.

*Time In Service

But if it were age, I'm getting as old as my decomposed granite, so I have that going for me.

o

I'm glad you're still growing the sans, cactusmcharris. I remember your posts about them. Toni of course I remember well. Anyone remember Disney? :) I remember Spike very well.

o

Jeff should have been a comedian. LOL, Toni

o

Hi Marguerite,

Of course I remember you. It's nice to see you posting. I don't remember Disney though.

Hi Cactus Harris,

I see that you are still in Canada. How do you like the dark winters compared to California?

Larry

o
RE: Any of the old gang here2??

As far as some of the old regulars. I think Cena appears here once in a while. Ooojen, I haven't seen for years and neither have I seen Nigella. I talk to Nigella on the phone once in a while though. She is doing well. I also write to Foxykitten once in a while too. She is also doing well. And Catalina just posted on the conversations part of this forum the other day.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here