Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mikado aka syngonanthus chrysanthuus care?

Posted by rosebuddy z4Ont (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 11:28

Just home from picking up my spring seed for the vegetable garden and at the cashier there were plants that I had never seen before so of course one came home with me! I've googled it and know it is a swamp plant that likes humidity. Do I keep it in a saucer constantly filled with water or would that be too much. Anyone with any tips from their own experience (good or bad) would be appreciated. Also does it like to be fertilized? The directions that came with it say to fertilize regulary but I never know what that might mean. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mikado aka syngonanthus chrysanthuus care?

I have no experience with this plant, but I've always wanted to try one. I did do some research on it a while back and have heard it's a VERY difficult plant to keep alive...I think the few people that did manage to keep it alive kept it in a terrarium. Good luck with it, if it does good for you, let me know so maybe I'll change my mind and order one.

o
RE: Mikado aka syngonanthus chrysanthuus care?

Two weeks in and ii's doing great. Sending up new flower stalks. I've been keeping it in a saucer of water which it drinks up quite quickly with the occasionally spell of no water for a few hours to a day. but no more than that. Will keep you posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here