Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
angel vine/muehlenbeckia complexia?

Posted by kaye_ (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 25, 06 at 12:44

Has anyone heard of a plant called Angel Vine or Muehlenbeckia Complexia? I was thinking of ordering a pair of angel vine topiaries from an online source but have never had an angel vine plant before and don't know anything about them. I looked the names up in my houseplant books and couldn't find out anything --- they weren't even in the book. I did a search on this forum and didn't find out anything either. If anyone could tell me more about this plant, is it easy/hard to take care of, care instructions, etc. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: angel vine/muehlenbeckia complexia?

This is a very easy-to-grow Australian native that is also known as "maidenhair vine." It can adapt to sun or shade, though it is more likely to bloom in bright sunlight.

o

Hello!
I wanted to comment that I have a muehlenbeckia complexa and that she is very good, but, she does not support too much cold, here we did not lower of 1º or 2º at night and lost enough foliage /(it`s in a container); now it has returned to appear again, I have it in the shade, because to total sun it loses beauty in the color of its leaves. Also to comment that in according to what zones a plant is considered as invasive. Greetings!

o

I just got one and this is what I read about them.
Bright light is best

Keep moist. Check for water daily, especially if in a warm environment or placed on a windowsill.

Normal room temperatures are fine

USDA Zone 6

Very fast grower. Trim the plant regularly to keep its shape. Stems become very wiry with age.
Angel vine or mattress vine (Muehlenbebeckia complexa) is a tough, high growing ground cover plant. Although this plant likes full sun, we have grown it under shade so it must be acclimated to full sun. Indoors, this plant will do best in a bright location, but will tolerate periods of less than desirable conditions as long as it gets to recuperate under ideal conditions periodically.

Keep angel vine evenly moist at all times. This plant uses lots of water when warm. It will however recover from going completely dry and wilting, losing only the most dried out leaves. This plant is a fast grower, so limiting fertilizer will also help to limit its growth.

The only pest we have seen on angel vine is aphids. For a minor infestation, just wash them off or squeeze them; for heavy infestation use any chemical labeled for aphid control.

Angel vine can be grown outdoors in USDA Zone 6 and above in the ground, or USDA Zone 9 in pots year round

o

I just bought an angel vine yesterday and it is so lovely! Does anyone know how it is propagated?

Here is a link that might be useful: picketfencecrafts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here