Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ZZ plant help

Posted by jez00i none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 14:15

Hi all!

I have had a ZZ plant in a North facing window for over a year...it is still very much alive however, i noticed the leaves are not as shiny or plump as they were when i initially got it. Any thoughts?

thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ZZ plant help

Hi Jez00i, maybe your ZZ needs more sun.

o

I don't believe ZZ plants are naturally shiny & I grow several of them (grown from single leaves). Nor are they plump, are you sure it's a ZZ you're talking about?

Dusty, but not too shiny & not plump; it's the plant in the back. Is that what you've got?

photo P1080073_zps671a3065.jpg

Has it been watered recently?

o

pirate_girl, yes thats the plant! yours looks just like mine...
the image i posted is not mine...but see what i mean about shiny? I think plump was a wrong term...

o

jez00i, the new leaves do have a gloss; which dulls a bit with time and that pervasive film of dust. There is a 'skinny' type of duster (not the feather duster) which fits rather well along the "V" formed by the leaflets and rachis. An up down motion does restore some of the luster to the plant.

o

thank you, ronalawn82!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here