Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fiddle Leaf Fig losing all of its leaves...HELP!

Posted by alyssa_c (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 14:22

I purchased the tree at the end of August from a local nursery, it was wrapped in burlap and laid in the back of a truck for transport to my house. It was healthy and full when it first arrived. I was advised to delay re-potting from the nursery pot and not to fertilize until the tree was acclimated to its new environment. The first week it dropped a handful of leaves, and then for months slowly and steadily kept dropping more. The branches that are bare are very brittle and now there are only a handful of leaves left on one branch (as you can see from the photo)! I've read that it should not be over watered, so I wait until the soil is dry. It still has not been fertilized. There are also some brown spots on the leaves that appeared when my brother was house sitting for us over Christmas. These have improved slightly since, but are still there.

Is there anything that I can do? Help! Thank you all in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fiddle Leaf Fig losing all of its leaves...HELP!

I would contact the nursery, it looks almost dead to me, see if they will replace it for you

o

I will call them and ask. Do you think there any chance that it can regrow the leaves?

o

If the branches are as brittle as you say, that's not good. See what the nursery has to say. I'm sure others here will have some advice for you too.

o

Thanks so much for your help!

o

o

oh my. ficus naturally drop leaves when moved. but not like this. this is usually accoctiated with ficus benjamina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here