{{gwi:78931}}

{{gwi:78932}}

{{gwi:78933}}

{{gwi:78934}}

{{gwi:78935}}

{{gwi:78936}}

{{gwi:78937}}

{{gwi:78938}}

Isn't this one a beaut!? It is my friends and I am so greatful he shared this with me:-)

Please, share with us what is blooming for you this month:-)

Mike

Comments (32)

• kaktuskris
    12 years ago

Show-off! Amazing photos, Mike. Love them all. Really love that variegated citrus!

Christopher

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    12 years ago

Blooming now:

1. Meyer lemon - just got it, need to get rid of water marks on leaves...
    2. Passion flower

{{gwi:78947}} {{gwi:78948}}

3. snowdrops outside

{{gwi:78949}}

4. Thunbergia
    {{gwi:78950}}

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

Hi Mike.....WOW!!!! great flowers...and orchids....
    nice to see you Mike....thanks for posting....linda

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

Hey Mike I was going to ask what would one have to do to get a piece of the night bloomer in the last picture...
    I love the yellow flower...beautiful....I am green with envy over that one....e-mail me please....linda

• luvidaho_2010
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures! The only plants blooming at my house are the Crown of Thorns and lipstick plant that I posted pictures of last month. I agree with Linda, that yellow epi is gorgeous! Do you know the name of that one?

Rina, I love that passion flower picture too! I have never tried to grow one, might have to see if I can find it.

I do have a little green showing up outside. Tulips and daffodils are just starting to poke their little heads out of the ground. I am so HAPPY that spring is in the air!
    Tami

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Hey, Mike, mi amigo! ;-)

Your Orchid collection is fantastic. That Golden Tang is a fine addition to your jungle...!

Well, I have many things in the yard blooming - Dutch Iris, Daphne, Manzanita, Daffodils,
    Pansies, and Plums - but I'll stick to the houseplants for now.

Here's one that you might recognize....this is a new wave of cyathia. It's bloomed all Winter.

{{gwi:78951}}

Josh

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Took some pictures of my favorites that are in bloom at the moment this morning.

{{gwi:78952}}
    Aeschynanthus longicaulis- almost finished blooming, but hanging on a little.

{{gwi:78953}}
    Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'- just opened today

{{gwi:78954}}
    Aeschynanthus 'Coral Flame'

{{gwi:78955}}
    Gloxinella lindeniana

{{gwi:78956}}
    Saintpaulia rupicola S8 clone

{{gwi:78957}}
    African violet 'Playful Spectrum'

{{gwi:78958}}
    African violet chimera 'Yukako'

Mark

• birdsnblooms
    12 years ago

Mike, your March blooms are so very pretty. I LOVE your variegated Citrus. My favorite among all your other beautiful plants.

Mike, that Epi is to die for..The flower looks large..Is it? Wowee!

Rina, beautiful Passion Flower. How did you get your Passion Vine to bloom? Do you prune stems a certain time of year? Think flowers grow off new wood, right? I'm not certain. Read it somewhere, long ago.

Josh, is that the same COT's you posted a couple weeks back?

Mark, all your Aeschynanthus are beautiful, but my favoite is S. Playful Spectrum. Flower colors are amazing.
    Is PS, Standard or Large AV?

Too lazy to snap and post pics, lol. Maybe later. Toni

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Toni,

Playful Spectrum is a standard that was hybridized by Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses. It is unregistered because the blooms are highly variable. Some will be nearly entirely white, others almost completely pink with purple fantasy and no white, and others will be like those in my picture. It's behaving this month, but doesn't always.

Mark

12 years ago

Hey, Toni, it sure is!
    It keeps producing new blooms all Winter long, just like my other Euphorbia, a beharensis var. guillemetii.
    This one has much more prominent cyathia, however! A nice, simple yellow.

Josh

• ymaddox
    12 years ago

My plants are absolutely loving the foliage pro :)

{{gwi:78959}}
    {{gwi:78982}}

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    12 years ago

Toni,
    the passion flower is from the cutting I got originally 3yrs. ago - first yr. it grew so big, I had to cut it down. Luckily I took 2 cuttings, because original went to plant heaven. Now I have 2 of them - large - again, & took another cutting that is growing. Do not have name. They bloom on new wood, right now there is at least 9 buds on either of them. I didn't prune at all. I need to figure out somekind of trellis, since they are so vigorous, maybe a topiary form would be good...I would gladly give you rooted cutting, but I live in Canada, don't think could send it? I keep them outside in summer.

Rina

• Lamora
    12 years ago

I'm jealous of all of you-- ;) the only thing i have is my Bromelaid. It gives me one flower about a week now, a few days ago there were 2, i wish they would last longer than 2 days, they are so pretty in bloom.

Congrats to all of you and your plants! :)

• birdsnblooms
    12 years ago

Mark...Thank You! It's been several years since ordering AV's. I forgot about Lyndon Lyons.

I had PS, among other AVs, but last winter, after finding Mealy, attempting to rid them, unsuccessfully, I threw all but two AV's out. Hard to do since one trailer was from seed, others were purchased in 2004 and 2006.

Well, your PS is a beauty.

Hey Josh..Don't think I've seen E. beharensis flowers. Have a picture?
    Is beharensis the succulent called, common name, 'Mother of Thousands/Millions' or a fuzzy leaf, common name, 'Fang?'

Ymax, don't know if it's my computer but your pics aren't showing.

Rina...Yes, PV needs something to climb on, otherwise it'll grow up and over your ceiling. lol.
    And once they start growing, look out!!!

Thanks for the offer, 'and even if plants could be shipped from or to Canada,' my house is pretty filled w/plants..lol. But, thanks for the offer.

I purchased a beautiful, purple leaf PV some time back. However, I am disappointed. It's basically a cutting, arrived w/one leaf on a four inch stem. The leaf dropped during shipping, so all that's left is a stem..lol.
    You never know what you get when you order from 'X' nursery..sometimes plants are a little larger, and well-rooted, other times.............

Is your PV staked? Seems flower stem would lean without being attached.

Lamora, unless your Bromiliad bloom is old, the flower should last for months.
    When you posted a pic of your Brom, last week, the flower looked fresh/young.

Broms don't need as much water as they do spraying foliage. 'Without water hitting blooms.' I consider Broms Tropical-Succulents, sort of like passive-aggressive. lol.

Toni

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

Hi Mike and all....I planted my Amarillo's late, one is blooming and the others are coming.....linda

{{gwi:78983}}

• fawnee0214
    12 years ago

Emarald, stunning amarillos! The ones the neighbors have planted in their yards are coming up, but I think they look their best in a pot all by themselves. They put on a big enough show!

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Had a Phalaenopsis open today.

{{gwi:78984}}

I wish I knew the registered name of this variety. I know it is registered as I worked at the nursery that sold this orchid and others of the same variety. This one was out of bloom so they gave it to me, but the tag was missing. I can't remember the name of the grower either, just that it was a large outfit from Florida.

Mark

• elkay_gw
    12 years ago

Wow! Beautiful pics!

Mike, your plants are awesome - I'm jealous!

How large is your greenhouse? What is the average temp and humidity in there?

I have a few pics, but Photobucket is not cooperating right now.

12 years ago

Hello, Toni!

"Hey Josh..Don't think I've seen E. beharensis flowers. Have a picture?
    Is beharensis the succulent called, common name, 'Mother of Thousands/Millions'
    or a fuzzy leaf, common name, 'Fang?'"

No, definitely not. Both Mother of Thousands and 'Fang' are Kalanchoe, not Euphorbia.

Check out this Thread that I posted about the plant:

Euphorbia beharensis var. guillemetii

Josh

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    12 years ago

My Amorphophallus is opened and starting it's 2-3 day stinkfest!

{{gwi:78986}}

'Fancy Trail' AV:

{{gwi:78988}}

Adalea Sundews!

{{gwi:78989}}

'Green Dragon' AV:

{{gwi:78990}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well! Look at all these amazing flowering plants this month! good for you everyone !

Toni: Are you still lazy? Where's the pics? we know you are holding out on us:-). By the way, if I could be there to help you get through this time, I would:-)

Josh, mi amigo! What's up. Look at those little yellow flowers to grighten by day everytime you show me. You know how I feel about that one and the story behind it is all but strange.lol

Tami: I don't know the name of that on. It is a picture of the mother plant that a beloved friend and member shared with me here. I will be sending him a jade come this spring for sure.

Elkay: Hello! well I must say that I am also impressed with the ones that you yourself have posted here. I love them all. Some of yours make me jealous too you know:-)

Ymaddox: I can't see your pics:-((( Is there anyway you could repost them again? I don't want to miss out.

Lamora: Thank you for your kind words:-)

Mark: I LOVE that Aeschynanthus! It looks like it belongs to teh 'goldfish' plant family. Good job on getting your orchid to reflower. I hear that Phals can be one of teh toughest to regrow. I will post an Agra after this. It finally reflowered for me!

Chirs**** How have you been? I've been not to good these days. Very tired and other things. We will catch up soon:-)
    Thank you for stopping by.

Rina: It's so good to see you have finally learned how to take pics, Nice!Beautiful.

Linda. I can shar with you as soon as mine matures all summer. You have to remind me though! Even at my age, my mind is memory is starting to fail me. I can't remember what I wore yesterday! I hate it. I think it's time for a weeks vacation on a beach doing nothing but sun bathing and mind rest! I could use it. Your plants are amazing, especially that Amarillo..What a firey red!

Here are a couple others for you I took last night. The fragrance on these two is to die for!

My orchid. Sweet as vainilla and spice at night.

{{gwi:78991}}

Brunsfelsia. Sweet as honey this one at night and day.

{{gwi:78992}}

12 years ago

Such a cool shape on that Orchid, Mike!

Josh

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Tommyr,
    Do you know what species of Amorphophallus you have? I got to experience Amorphophallus titanum once, and wow! Great, but pungent plants.

Mark

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tommy!!!!

How in the world did you get that 'Stink Plant' to FLOWER!!!!? Please share your care.

I heard they will die unless given temps higher than the eighties and high himdity. I started one and it died. I would love to try another. That is a corpse plane, right?

Wow. it's amazing that you did that since that is not an easy feat! I have a friend who sells them at 'Tindra's Orchids'!

Mike

• usha_srinivasan
    12 years ago

Not much to show except for my orange hibiscus.
    I was surprised to find buds on her since she has been
    in a north facing window since October end.

I thought she would need brighter light to flowers ( not that I am complaining :)

I bought her from a dept store in July, 2011
    kept her well watered, replanted her in fall and brought her in.

I have to confess that she is in a pot with no drainage :( . I was planning to repot in spring.

Enjoy
    Usha

{{gwi:78993}}

{{gwi:78994}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's beautiful and in a north window to boot! You gave me a great idea for my north window that's always void of plants!

It also looks void of spider mites! Nice.

Mike

• usha_srinivasan
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike,

No spidermites in sight but I am battling an army of fungus gnats ( I have sticky tape all around her)
    the Hibiscus, has been surprisingly easy to take care of. the only thing I do regularly is to rotate her every time I water her. The room she is in, gets afternoon sun but none directly on her. Perhaps sitting next to the patio glass door helps.

I enjoy your postings here on GW. I even bought a Stephanotis after seeing a pic of yours but forget flowers, there isnt even a new leaf in sight. :(

Regards
    Usha

• elkay_gw
    12 years ago

Finally! I've been waiting for this guy to open and here it is............{{gwi:78995}}

{{gwi:78996}}
    Streptocarpus Bristol's Cat Dance.

Here are a few others that are blooming now....

Pink and white Noid AV
    {{gwi:78997}}

Cyclamen
    {{gwi:78998}}

My mini kalanchoe
    {{gwi:78999}}

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Elkay- Very nice Strep! I'm an avid Gesneriad lover, but I have no luck with streps. I'm envious of those who can keep them. Bristol's has such nice varieties too.

Mark

• kaktuskris
    12 years ago

Hey Mike!

Hope your feeling better. Sent you an email! That white orchid is very nice, as are your others I saw.

Christopher

• flowerpottipper
    12 years ago

Everyone's flowers are beautiful, makes me so jealous!! You guys are making my "want list" longer and longer lol.

I don't have many at the moment, and the few I do are not spectacular like others on here, but I'm still proud of them-

Easter cactus-
    {{gwi:79000}}

A couple diffrent blooms on my Hoya lacunosa-
    {{gwi:79001}}
    {{gwi:79002}}

string of pearls-
    {{gwi:79003}}

Oxalis-
    {{gwi:79004}}

one of my three African Violets, the other two are starting bud back up, so I have no pictures of them yet-
    {{gwi:79005}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

FlowerPotTipper!!!

Wonderful for you and thanks for sharing with us. You have some beauties there for sure.

Does your 'Hoya' have a nice fragrance to it? It looks delicious! And the Easter cactus is truly in full bloom. Very nice. You have a greenthumb for sure:-)

Mike