Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help this baby Norfolk Pine!!!!!

Posted by eayeary none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 16:13

I bought a beautiful Norfolk Pine before Chstimas that was about a foot tall. Since then it has grown so much I repotted it into 3 different pots. I had 7 plants in one pot. There happened to be a very tiny little sprouter so I took it out, put it in a small pot for a friend at work. I have mine at home in a window that only gets reflective sun and they are doing very well. The coworker put this little guy directly in the bright south-facing window. We're in Ohio so the weather was terribly warm for March and now it snowed this morning. What is going on with this guy and how can she fix him before he's a loss? It breaks my heart to see him suffering when all the other ones at home are doing so well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help this baby Norfolk Pine!!!!!

This is the only way I can post this while at work. It wouldn't allow me to upload a picture on here at all? No idea why. I'm fairly new to using this site but have been reading the forums for a long time. :)

http://norfolkpine.shutterfly.com/pictures/11

Here is a link that might be useful: Norfolk Pine

o

Get it out of the hot sunny window, keep it cool, keep it very humid (the air not the soil) and cross your fingers. Oh, and the soil looks sopping wet too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Norfolk Island Pine

o

Is it sitting in water?

o

I thought the responses would post to my email. I'm terribly sorry I haven't gotten back to you! I've been waiting for an email notice but nothing came along. I took it out of that situation and planted it in some African Violet soil because it was so wet and did remove it from the window but when I checked it this morning (it's a coworkers) she had doused it in water again. So I decided it is done for. :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here