Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilting Pothos in Water

Posted by Mel97 none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 16:14

Hey Everyone,

So this is my first post. I have some pothos that I have growing out of my fish tank, under full spectrum plant lights. All my other plants (spider plant and various aquatic plants) are doing great, but my pothos has become really limp and droopy. All the leaves are green, none of the roots are rotting, and the plant looks healthy. It's been doing great in the tank for a few months.

Does anyone have any ideas on what's making it wilt? Can they be in water too long/Does it need dirt?

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilting Pothos in Water

Can you provide a picture? I'm not sure it's necessary since you know it's wilting, but it might help.

Planto

o

I took it out of the tank because I didn't want it to start rotting and pollute the water, so I put it in a yogurt container. It's still wilting...

o

Here's another pic:

o

Is the entire vine wilting or just the bottom segment? It almost looks like in your first picture, there's a dead part on the vine that is causing the bottom portion to wilt.

Planto

o

If you stuck that whole thing into water yes, it will die back. Cut it at least 2/3 or even 3/4 back and then stick it in water. You cannot take a cutting as long as that and then expect it will grew roots and be healthy. If that worked, nurseries would be out of business!

o

Please put it in a pot of soil. It will do so much better. It only needs water once a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here