Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old schefflera

Posted by NoLee15 MI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 16:46

I have read and looked at many pics re this plant. Mine is about 15 yrs old, if not more. I really want to make it more bushy and I feel the only way is to cut it down to nothing. From this pic you can see it has one trunk on the bottom and two branches, one with no foliage til the top and one with foliage half way up. I don't want to kill it what is the safest way? Also, it stays indoors, should I wait until Spring is officially here to do anything?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old schefflera

one more pic

o

They're quite a tough plant but they like a lot of light, preferably direct sunlight. That would make it grow bushier. You can prune it right down and it will come back, but better to do that when it's very warm. They like good drainage, in nature they often grow as epiphytes on trees.

o

Does this info in this discussion and/or this discussion help you?

o

Hello Everyone
Is there anyone know of a great place in NJ to buy different
or rare houseplants? I know about the big box stores they seem to have the same plants sometime you can fine something a little different . Really I have all the regular plants, I want rare ones. I will have to do mail order do you think.
Thanks for your help.

o
How to care for a Alocasia Black Magic

•Posted by kalley77 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 6:54

Hello Everyone
Is there anyone know of a great place in NJ to buy different
or rare houseplants? I know about the big box stores they seem to have the same plants sometime you can fine something a little different . Really I have all the regular plants, I want rare ones. I will have to do mail order do you think.
Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

o

Wow kalley,..

is the top of your last post a glitch?

Never seen that before(I don't think anyway).

o

sorry post in the wrong place.

o

Oh yeah...that is YOUR thread after all...I shoulda made the connection. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here