Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena Marginata Tricolor

Posted by MiseurAss none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 17:50

Hello, I just picked up a small pot with 3 Dracaena Marginata Tricolor shoots ranging from 12-18 inches tall. I'm curious about rooting some cuttings. From what I've read, is that the top new growth can be rooted in water. So with a sharp blade i took a 4" cutting from the top. There were maybe 16 leaves coming off this shoot, so i stripped the bottom half and put in in 2" of water.

My question is for people who have done this before. Is this the ideal way to root this cutting? Or should i go ahead and plant it in a small pot?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena Marginata Tricolor

you can plant it directly in soil however keep it moist but not saturated. the cutting should still form roots over a period of time in water as well...you can add root stimulator to encourage this either way you choose to do. good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here