Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamaflo_gw

Glasshouse Works Visit--questions?

MamaFlo
10 years ago

I'm going to visit Glasshouse Works in Stewart, Ohio tomorrow. Has anyone ever been to their facility?
Don't know if I will have access to purchase what they show on their website or if they will have limited specimens available since they are only open to the public 2 days a week.

Any experience with this place?
Thanks!

Comments (5)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

I've been there, years ago. Just showed up although I don't think they were open to the public at all then. They were extremely nice and said I was welcome to look around. No idea what it's like now, but I'm sure you'll love your visit. Wish I'd taken pics, maybe you can do that. They had a selection of books I thought one could only get online.

Do you live nearby or are you visiting the area?

• MamaFlo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I live about 35 miles away. Went today and it was very interesting! The one greenhouse that was open had a gigantic assortment of succulents, cacti, ferns, and tons of other varieties---but they were all mixed together and growing like mad.

Few were labeled but they helped me find what I wanted and gave me some awesome prices.
    I got 11 great plants for $60 including some sans varieties, an agave, a ledebouria giant, abiantiella and several other more common.
    Now to pot them up!

• kalley77
    10 years ago

MamaFlo
    Please post the pictures of the great plants you purchased
    from the Glasshouse.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

I would love to see them too!

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

I'd love to see them too. I've got my bib on ready to go, I suspect I will be drooling at my computer screen once the pictures are posted. :)

Planto