Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jasmine plant dying!

Posted by vrr01981 Oregon (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 19:24

I've had a Jasmine plant for a year now. But it seems to be dying. All the leaves are yellowed or dried. At the moment, I have one full green healthy leaf on it!! I've tried watering it, I've tried moving it into the sun. Any help would be great!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jasmine plant dying!

Please show a photo.

o

A pic would help a great deal.

Those dried yellow leaves could be from over or under watering but could also be from a forced air heating system blowing on it all winter. Overwintering my jasmine in a cool room helped avoid similar issues I used to have with mine.

tj

o

Have you ever thought of checking your water source, probably tap water for a pH reading?

Jasmine 'require' a very good acidic watering solution or you will get very yellow leaves and eventually loose your plant. Use vinegar in your water solution if your tap is very neutral or high in pH.

Also, over watering can cause yellow. Watch your watering habits.

They require a very porous mix. One that allows you to water freely and one that does no collect salt deposits from your tap water and fertilizers.
Provide a mix in which the volumn is mostly bark and perlite.

So can a lack of sunlight. Give plenty of sunlight.

Depending on the type of Jasmine, so can cool temps. Provide warm temps.

Please, show us a pic and tell use what your cultural habits are on this one in detail.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here