Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jhanback1989

ben. ficus problems HELP!

jhanback1989
11 years ago

Hello! I just rescued two 5 foot tall ben. ficus trees from my work. Needless to say my boss was going to throw them out so I threw them in my car instead. These trees were always in a full sun walk-in porch area at the entrance to the hotel. They sat in this area all winter never got frosted on or snow on them just the cold air. The trees are still green and have lost some leaves but most intact and are still green. All the leaves are droopy though and almost dried out (none are yellow or brown). In attempts to conserve to energy for them I made sure to trim all dead branches and leave still a good bit of leaves, branches. Also I noticed that they were vary wet from staff overwatering so I repotted them both in good dry soil in attempts in avoid further damage. I know that they are going to drop many more leaves because they wont receive as much sun light as they did at work but still good amount. Does anyone have information on what I could do to keep my trees alive or are they already dead? When I trimmed them they were still fresh and green in the branches and what not and the roots looked good too. Im clueless when it comes to house trees...lol

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths