Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

Toni/Chicago area peeps - Pesche's prices

MojaveLove
13 years ago

I stopped by Pesche's today. I told Toni I would check out prices for her next time I was there. Hoo boy.

I've only bought two 4" house plants and they were more expensive than at HD but only a few bucks. They were in way better shape too, which is why I shrugged at the cost. Every 4" plant seems to be $7 - ferns, Hoyas, succulents, anything you would have in your house. They had sensitive plants there too, I probably looked mental being so amused poking a plant!

6" plants range from $13-$20, maybe even more, depending on what it is.

After that things just get crazy. Anything large-ish in a hanging pot is $25 or more - but I did see Hoya carnosa with peduncles! But I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it.

There are two large Jade trees for $120 each lol

In terms of succulents - they had 6" of living rocks, all types of Jades, some stuff I didn't know what they were (spiky), those green and white dotted Hawortia, and all kinds of Hen and Chick types which I don't like. Still no Gasteria ugh!

What really killed me was the price of Orchids. I'll give it that they were pretty and SOME were big, but they were $50!!!! I could order an orchid from a grower AND pay shipping for way less. Crazy stuff.

Toni, I checked out the plastic pots, I'd say they're comparable to anywhere else though they do have some fancy looking ones that are swirly and stuff.

Now, I really hate to say all bad things about a local business. I have to say they're extremely nice and helpful and know more about their stuff than the average garden shop. They also take really good care of their plants. You can easily find happy healthy plants there and not worry it is about to die. Plus they have all kinds of really cute house decor, but that doesn't have to do with plants :)

Anyway, I'd still buy small plants there but the big ones no way. I even saw a (granted it was huge) Sans for $50.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022