Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Ming Aralia'

Posted by sjbaby 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 20:22

It took me awhile to figure out exactly which 'Ming Aralia' I purchased, but it's called 'Snowflake.' i read some back posts but they werent to clear, any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Ming Aralia'

What you have is known as Polyscias fruticosa.

I owned a 'Snowflake' for a little while.

They enjoy humidity, so place them on a pebble tray (I didn't mist mine, didn't seem to mind just the humidity from the pebble tray).

To keep them from getting leggy, bright light is suggested. I had mine about a foot away or so from a South window. It got afternoon sun with no problem.

They don't like to be wet whatsoever (no houseplant wants to be wet though). You will want to allow it to dry out almost completely (don't let it dry out completely, but don't keep it as regularly moist as you would other houseplants that want to stay moist all the time).

It might throw a diva fit and lose leaves, I think I read this can happen in the winter (maybe something to do with the change in the amount of sunlight). It will re-sprout again so it's not dead.

I don't know much about keeping them bushy, mine was like 4 inches tall and bushy enough at the time. I believe you can prune them back to induce bushiness over time, but I won't advise you on how to do that.

I hope this is helpful.

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here