Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new picture of sans. seafoam

Posted by hijole 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 20:47

Photobucket
Pirate girl and lovemysans, Here is the new picture of the seafoam sansaveria that I clipped a leaf off of and stuck it right back into the soil.

And I removed the foil.

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new picture of sans. seafoam

THAT is a pretty sans! I pretty much like them all, but this one really appeals to me.

o

Measage from bama_gardener, from RE. More Yellow Stripes appearing on Laurentii.
Greg, I'm loving the 'Moonshine'. I got mine from HD 3/4 years ago. When the leaves mature, they turn green and lose the grey/white coloring.
Beverly
Greg, I throught you overlooked this post by Beverly. Her's turned back to green. I hope yours is different.
Stush

o

Is "Seafoam" another name for Moonshine or is this a different cultivar from Moonshine? Moonshine seems to get new names easily. It's also called "Moonglow" by some.
Anyway, I have a Moonshine. The most silver growth is always the newest growth, but even though the old growth is green it's still a nice pale shade of green, not just a normal green, so don't be worried. I don't think Moonshine is known to revert to looking like a normal sans if that's what Stush was referring to.

o

That's beautiful! A quite the unordinary looking plant.

Mike

o

Summersunshine,
I think 'Moonshine' is more color fast. Moonshine is a compact smaller grower with wide leaves. I think a lot of gray leafed sans are getting confused. Thanks for the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here