Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Cactus Odd bloom

Posted by paxmom zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 21:46

I have had the oddes thing happen on my Christmas Cactus. The blooms are a light pink to peach in color but this time when it bloomed it has two flowers that are red in color. They are not from a odd stem that is in the pot. They are blooming off the same stem as the other blooms. I will try and get a picture of it and post it. This is an old plant and in all the year I have had it I have never seen this. I could see if it was a totaly different stem but it is not. Any one else ever have odd things happen with their plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Cactus Odd bloom

Hmmmm, possibly a soil or fertilizer Ph issue?

o
RE: Christmas Cactus Odd bloom PIC

Here is a couple of pics so you can see what I mean.

Here is a link that might be useful: christmas cactus pic

o

Hi, Paxmom!
You have Thanksgiving Cactus, which I can see by the points on the margins of the leaves.
Nice assortment of flower color!

Photobucket

o

I've heard of them fading in color but never darker. It does appear they are both from the same stem.
I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy it.

o

How very pretty! I've never seen them come in different colors from the same stem. Thanks for posting!

o

i bought my mother an orange one about 5 years ago. Last year it popped out 2 white blooms on the same branch as the orange blossoms. strange but pretty. I wish i had a DNA diagnoses about the Christmas cactus and where it came from and how the multi colors came through the line but sadly i don't. Beautiful plant though:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here