Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Easter Cactus!

Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 22:30

I just bought a beautiful Easter Cactus at my local grocery store (I had visited with the lady who manages the plant department and she ordered one for me). It completes my holiday cactus set. Shown with it is my Christmas Cactus, which I bought last month, and my daughter's orchid. Now I hope I can get them to rebloom.

Val

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Easter Cactus!

That's a very pretty collection you have there! I love the deep pink flowers - I bet it'll be gorgeous when they all bloom.

o

Very nice. I love these plants!

o

Very pretty! Thinking about getting me a Easter Cactus. Always thought they were pretty. :)

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 0:16

I first feel in love with these plants when I purchased a wonderful Thanksgiving Cactus in December. I brought it home and repotted it immediately. Unfortunately it dropped a lot of blooms, so I started reading about them (we all live and learn). It will probably need to be repotted into better soil soon, but it is doing great for now. It has grown two segments since then and always has a flush of new growth.

My Christmas Cactus came from a local nursery and had only one bloom when I purchased it. The soil it was in was hard as a rock so I soaked it and completely replaced all the soil with a lighter mix (AV mix with extra perlite and pumice). It is also growing very well.

I am fairly new to houseplants, but have had good luck with amarylis and African violets in the past. I love to work in my flowerbeds outside and miss that during the winter months. I have purchased a couple of houseplants this year because of photos I saw on GW. Hopefully they will survive. ;)

o

Love the Easter cactus. Looks like I will be on the lookout for one now.
Thanks for sharing
Sharon

o

Wow....so many buds. Best of luck with it!

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 0:51

Thanks everyone. I was very excited to share a photo. I will post another when the buds open. :)

o

Very beautiful & yes, so many buds. The next photo ought to be stunning!

o

I have two Thanksgiving cacti, and an Easter Cactus. They never seem to stop blooming, they're all in full bloom right now. I've always been in love with them, there's just something about cacti and producing such breath taking flowers. Good luck with everything =)

o

I found a red and a white Easter cactus at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here