Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teengardener1888

SPRING is in The air. cant you smell it?

teengardener1888
11 years ago

i can smell spring from my albany residence. it is now the beginning of march. the first crocuses push up a few days before the first day around here. i just cant whait to start gardening outside! i know this post isnt about houseplants but this is my favorite forum and you guys are like family. come join the spring cheer

Comments (13)

• Sarah1502
    11 years ago

I will be glad when Spring arrives too! We've had daffodils blooming here for a few weeks. Lots of things are beginning to bloom. But, we've got a cold snap right now and I hope it doesn't kill all the things beginning to bloom. Seems like that happens every year. To bring a little Spring color into the house, this week I made a cute arrangement with some new african violets.

Here's hoping we get some warmer weather and we can all get outside again, soon! :)

• christine1950
    11 years ago

Hey neighbor I'm in Saugerties and yesterday sure did smell like spring.
    BUT remember, March came in like a lamb and will be going out like a lion, the farmers almanac say's were getting a storm any where between the 20th-23rd so dont put your boots away just yet. Hope I didnt bust your bubble LOL
    Christine

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Spring is definitely in the air... which should blow back in the right direction next week. This weekend will end up being one of the coldest here this winter, although that's not saying much.

Teen, how crowded are your plants inside this winter? I was OK until the past month or so. My house is not getting bigger even though I got new plants. Hmmph!

Wishing everyone warmth and sunshine SOON!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

i doubt were going to get a storm in mid-late march

• Lamora
    11 years ago

Spring?? Really?? Where?? lol-- woke up to fog this morning, warmer tho, so maybe it will find us soon~~ We got more snow this year than we have in the last 5-6 yrs combined! We need it, this I know, but I really wish it would GO AWAY!!

My Sadie will miss it tho, she love the cold and snow,, poor thing, cant understand why mommy don't.

Spring? Yes, I am ready for her to get here!! :)

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

you can tell things are getting warmer in albany, ny. there are renmants of snow here causing puddles. but in sure winter isnt quite over. we might get up to a couple of more inches before the first day of spring

• Lamora
    11 years ago

OK i can smell it now~~ :) went to chop the ice in the sidewalk and it was very slushy. Well most was. Waiting for the icecycles to fall from the roof, but that is still really solid ice.

So I took a good sniff and yes- I can smell it! Haven't seen any new "signs" yet, cept the grass under the neighbor's pine tree, but I am sure if I looked hard enough, I could see something trying to poke out of all this snow...

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

how did that photo of my maranta get in my post

• delreytropical
    11 years ago

My paperwhites are just about done blooming inside, constantly checking outside to see if things are poking out, In chicago we have a week of high 40's and some 50's coming in. Fingers crossed for spring to roll through!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

sounds warmer than here. we have high of 30 and 40s

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Teen! Really? I can't smell a thing except from teh flowers of my made up santuary out in my back yard and in my house.

I think it going to seem like forever to even get a glimpse of a smell of spring in the air. Heck, I don't even see a robin about my parts at least until teh middle of April if I am lucky! The snow is still piled high on top of my crushed bushes and hiding my pond:-0(

Mike

• larry_b
    11 years ago

Hi all,

It feels a little bit like spring here too. Right now its 62ð outside. Nice enough to go around without a jacket. But tomorrow we will have a high in the 30s with a chance of rain or snow. That's just the way March can be. In Denver we can have snowstorms all the way into May. I remember one May 10th where we had 8 inches of wet snow. It broke down many trees and power lines. I have even seen snow on the 28th of May. There is a saying out here not to put ones tomatoes out until after Memorial Day. Any time before that and one is taking his or her chances.

Hope is in sight though. Next weekend daylight savings time kicks in.

Larry

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oh my! snow usually ends by the end of march here