Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on Lucky Bamboo

Posted by Plant_Lover_UT none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 23:03

How come the top leave look like it's dropping? Is this normal? It's happening for the last few days.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on Lucky Bamboo

Is it soaking in water and soil, that is not good.... I think it may be drowning!

o

The angle of the dangle (of the leaves) looks normal. Does the pot have a drain hole?

o

no...there is no hole..but i placed a lot of stones on the bottom. Yes, I watered lately...every few days when the soil felt dried....

Do you think it needs some sun?

o

I think this little cutie needs a pot with a hole in the bottom. The risk of rotting the roots and having tap water and/or fertilizer chemicals building up to toxic levels is high (and grows each time you water and/or fertilize) otherwise. No amount of rocks can help with that, even if you never accidentally put too much water at once. Too risky for me to try.

When you see plants in decorative pots, there's often (and I recommend) an inner pot that's just sitting in the pretty outer pot. Then it can be removed from the outer pot to water, drip out, sit back in the decorative. Best of both worlds.

Much direct sun will burn it outside during summer, but a bit during winter might be good, not necessary. Rotate often so it doesn't lean toward a window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here