Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any on know about string of bananas

Posted by murphy357 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 0:42

I was at my wholesale supplie today to get a string of beads plant. Of Course they were out but they had a string of banana plant. Looks the same just longer pods. Does any one know how to propagate these. Would you just place them over top of a pot with dirt in it or would you use a medium. I was told they were easy to take care of.Thank you in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any on know about string of bananas

Murphy, String of Bananas will root either way..placing atop soil, or sticking a stem in soil. I don't think individual 'bananas' will root like Kalanchoe, but never tried it either.
Accents sells both bananas and beads. Toni

o

you can just root the same way you root the String Of Beads

o

Hi,

I believe individual leaves will root the same way as, what's that common name "burros tail"? aka Sedum morganianum. Sure wouldn't hurt to try.

o

I have a string of....footballs-not quite pearls or bananas. I have a bit of trouble getting mine to root. I think my most successful try was in moist perlite or was it seed starting stuff. I kept a plastic bag over it most of the time. I seem to have problems with the strings drying up and dying before they root. I love my plant and have kept it alive for several years and managed to give some starts away. I find it needs more water than most other succulents.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here