Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant identification 2

Posted by Beachcomber02642 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 7:39

I recently received this plant as a sympathy gift. Would appreciate it if someone could supply identification and care information. It is huge. Can it be split? It is indoor only? (I live in the Northeast USA).
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant identification 2

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb. So sorry about your loss. Your plant is an Aglaonema, a very nice one! It looks like there's probably at least 5 individual plants in there. They don't mind being separated.

It will need to stay inside whenever it's cold outside. Frost will kill the leaves, possibly the whole plant if the roots get frozen too. These plants are happiest if they can dry between waterings. Too much sun can burn the leaves, I would put it where it might get a couple hours of early morning or late evening sun if putting it outside. Rotating it halfway, a couple times a week, will keep it round and even-looking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here