Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant identification 3

Posted by Beachcomber02642 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 7:40

One more!
I recently received this plant as a sympathy gift. Would appreciate it if someone could supply identification and care information.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant identification 3

That's a peace lily. I got one from a recent funeral too. It's actually an Aroid, not a Lily.

I was told that you need to take it in the shower and rinse it really well with tepid water to get all of the stuff they used on it to make it "pretty" for the service. It clogs the pours. I haven't done that with mine yet because mine is huge and my bathroom, not so much.

I have mine where it gets a good amount of light, but nothing direct. It's in good-draining soil. I water it when the soil seems a bit dry. I've read that you wait for a peace lily to droop before watering it, but a couple of helpful people on GW said doing that too many times will kill it. I've fertilized mine once at half strength. I haven't had it long, but it seems to be doing well. I see new growth, so that's a good sign.

If you have any more questions, check on the Ariod forum. They'll have more experience with it than I do and will be able to help much better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here