Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Jade

Posted by CJ-Speciosa none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 9:17

Minaturized jade plant......Didn't mean to do this, it just happened over the last two years. It almost likes bonsai-like....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Jade

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb! What an adorable plant! Do you think it's Crassula ovata?

...so you've been "picking at it" and inadvertently caused it to look like that? If so, that would fall under the heading of bonsai techniques, but doubtful there's an established style of bonsai that this would fit. I'm sure you've been having a blast doing it though. I did this to a variegated ivy plant once. By the time I finally watered it to death, it had about 5 little hard woody stems, just a few inches tall, with at least 50 TINY leaves on each one. Wish I'd taken a pic of it.

You could also generate a discussion about this on "cacti & succulents" forum, if you have an interest. Most of the jade-o-philes would be over there.

And whoa - look at the fly trap plant!!

o

I know it's a jade plant, not sure what type though.

I haven't been picking at it at all......It's just the conditions I have it in have dwarfed ALL new growth. I honestly have no idea what I've done to make it grow that way, but I like it.....

Thanks for the info about the succulents forum. I'm still relatively new to this site and am amazed by how large it is. I'm going to post it over there and see what they say.

Thanks!

o

Cool, I'll be reading too, curious along with you!

GW is definitely cool. In addition to the garden forums, there's a section of nature and home/craft/DIY forums. You may enjoy checking them out sometime, in the blue bar at the top of the page, hover over "forums" for drop-down menu.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here