Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Types of turface

Posted by garyfla 10 Florida (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 9:26

hi
After much searching I found somebody who not only knows what it is but offers a choice.?? So which one do I want??
lolThey offer MVP/Proleague/ quick dry All labels say "100 percent calcined clay" but apparently the texture is different ??. They also offered 5 colors does this matter for planting purposes?? I was going to use it straight for aquatic plants but got " tomato soup"with the Quick Dry This has the color of terra cotta but the consistancy of fine sand?? May be great for soil mix but not for aquatic.
Anyway thanks for any help. gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Types of turface

Gary,

You want the MVP only in a C&S mix.

o
And I would go so far as to say

You would want the MVP only in any non-C&S mix, too.

It's Friday - I'm feeling wildmannish.

o

The Wildman is right ;-)
Turface MVP is what you want, and then you'll want to screen out the finest particulate
by sifting it over insect/door screen (to remove particles that are less than 1/16 of an inch).

Josh

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 13:04

..... or if you happen to purchase your Turface at a John Deere Landscapes dealer, you'll want to ask for 'Allsport' - same product as MVP, just different packaging/label.

Al

o

Hi
Well wouldn't you know I'd get thre wrong kind lol Think I'll return to the old tried and true "Oil dri" at least for the lilies May try this stuff out on some regular aquarium plans in small quatities or with some terrestrials Has some interesting properties Thanks for the help gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here