Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_remo

valuation - estimate for large cactus - succulant

organic_remo
11 years ago

Hi,

I recently donanted several very large plants (cactus / succulants, and a rubber tree) to a local Garden.

I thought they were going to provide an estimate on their value but now say they can't do that. So I'm looking for a way to estimate their value for tax puproses.

I found a link on garden web that went to a software program to download for nursery inventories. But honestly I'm a little surprised at the values listed.

Anyone know of a place that sells arge cactus and other plants? I would like to see if I can find a place that has similar items for sale to see what it would cost to replace them. I seriously doubt I could buy a nine foot tall Euphorbia lactea for $100.00

Thanks in advance for any links or other ideas anyone may have!

Comments (2)

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Hi Organic,

Did you save receipts?

Recycled plants vary in price.

I used to work at a retail plant store that sold recycled plants. 5-15' plants/trees started at 10.00. The most expensive sold for 25.00 or so.

Happen to know which E. latea you donated? Was it crested?

Most nurseries sell small to mid-size plants. You might be able to find prices at landscaping sites.
    Their plants are usually large and sell at higher prices.

Google landscapers.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Toni

PS: Don't want to sound like the voice of doom, but I wouldn't count on much under donations, on new tax forms.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    11 years ago

You can estimate their value and deduct that amount but only if you are going to itemize on your tax return.
    Was the garden you donated the plants to for the public's enjoyment or a private foundation?

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio