Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my Tillandsia Cyanea ok?

Posted by Lamora 8a WA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 11:08

Hi All!
In about a week we will be w/o internet,phone and cable (cry!) Where I will be staying I won't have it there for a while, so I need answers real fast. (I'm not even sure I will have access to the internet)

I know that they die back after a bit, and they should produce pups. Mine has lost most her color, hasn't had a flower in about a week now, she isn't looking too well. The leaves are looking real good, they just keep growing.

I'm not sure how a starter looks.
There are 3 thick clusters of leaves at the bottom of the plant, will they become plants? or just leaves. I have tried to look up on what it is supposed to do and look like when it produces pups and dies out , but I can't find anything.

Will the mother plant fall off? Do I cut it off? (When the time comes.) What does a pup look like when it is just forming?

I know my plants have not been getting the light they need, and right now we are getting ready to move, so putting in a light system now would be silly.

I'm sorry, I just don't know this stuff and would really like to know. What is it supposed to look like and what will it do? (right now she just looks so sad, makes me want to cry!)

Thank you for any information~~ :)
Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my Tillandsia Cyanea ok?

You know that we want to see a picture.

o
RE: Is my Tillandsia Cyanea ok?

ok, will post a pic tomorrow then.. :) I thought about posting one. But didn't as you can see. In the morning when the light is better. ;)

Marjie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here