Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Is my Tillandsia Cyanea ok?

Lamora
12 years ago

Hi All!

In about a week we will be w/o internet,phone and cable (cry!) Where I will be staying I won't have it there for a while, so I need answers real fast. (I'm not even sure I will have access to the internet)

I know that they die back after a bit, and they should produce pups. Mine has lost most her color, hasn't had a flower in about a week now, she isn't looking too well. The leaves are looking real good, they just keep growing.

I'm not sure how a starter looks.

There are 3 thick clusters of leaves at the bottom of the plant, will they become plants? or just leaves. I have tried to look up on what it is supposed to do and look like when it produces pups and dies out , but I can't find anything.

Will the mother plant fall off? Do I cut it off? (When the time comes.) What does a pup look like when it is just forming?

I know my plants have not been getting the light they need, and right now we are getting ready to move, so putting in a light system now would be silly.

I'm sorry, I just don't know this stuff and would really like to know. What is it supposed to look like and what will it do? (right now she just looks so sad, makes me want to cry!)

Thank you for any information~~ :)

Marjie