Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Low-light Office Plant...?

Posted by rose_crazy z5 MI (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 11:09

Ok, I'm wanting to buy a plant to place in my office but am having difficulties finding one suitable for the lighting conditions. Only light comes from a pair of north facing windows that have partial blinds over them and one west facing glass door around the corner from my desk. I'd like something that would provide some visual interest, be relatively easy to care for, and that will thrive in low-light conditions. I'd really appreciate some help with this as I don't want to purchase the wrong plant. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Low-light Office Plant...?

S. Trifasciata would probably do fine.

o

I thought so too, but when I asked in that forum section they all said there wasn't enought light. So now I'm kinda back to square one looking for a plant.

o

Parlor palm
Chinese evergreen
Pothos
Philodendron
ZZ plant

o

I grow these in my office. Only one North window. It is bright but gets no sun. They have been growing there for 4 years.
office tree 2010

Large tree- Hawaiian Ti
Floor - Peace Lily]
File cabinet - Lucky Bamboo

The Peace Lily hardly gets any light. It sits shaded by the large cabinet. It flowers constantly.

The Ti plant was small when I first brought it in. It has gotten so large.
Office tree 3 yrs later

Jane

o

Iron Plant and all of the above.

T.J.

o

Most Dracaenas, too. Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here