This struggles a little after a late application of fertilizer:

photo 13_zps5116f9a2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Large images of Gardenia in Pot - clickable

Beautiful! I can get the scent here!

o

do you know which cultivar this gardenia is? it looks very pretty (and compact!)

o

kemistry 8 - Oregon
I think they are NOID.

o

Jujujojo..I think I would of been one of the first to tell you that your plant is beautiful if I had seen this!

Great job!

MIke

o

Very beautiful, I soooo want one, but it sounds like one of those plants that get upset about every little thing, and with all the plants I already own, I really don't have the energy to spoil just one plant...but thanks for sharing!!!

o

FlowerPotTipper 6
This really is an easy plant on the East Coast from Virginia down.

For New York and colder East Coast states, the key for house gardenia is watering, especially the newly bought ones.

Over-watering causes the plant to fail. Water from bottom and in very small quantities. Use soft and acid water. There are products for this.

After the gardenia is established, it can take much more water in hot weather. Always be cautious in cool seasons.

o

FlowerPotTipper 6
I forget to tell you the smell is heavenly - lush, sweet, spicy, pure, bristle, bright and benign. It might lead people to a trance euphoria. The flowers release fragrance after watering several times a day. If you are around when they release scent, you will not forget that pleasant experience.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here