Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying Butterfly Palm

Posted by hayleykas none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 14:57

Hi everyone I wonder if you can help. I hope it's not too late. We repotted our butterfly palm and took too much mud away from the roots and since doing that the palm looks like it's dying. The plant droops a lot and we've had to tie it together to keep it standing. We put it out in the sun and rain and that hasn't helped either. It's gone brown in a lot of areas and generally looks like it's dying. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you x

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying Butterfly Palm

A picture x

o

Any help would be much appreciated if not telling us there is no hope... Or giving a solution. I'd be ever so grateful...

o

hayleykas,
This forum has been a little slower as of late, so give it more time for folks to respond. I wish I could give you an answer, but I don't grow Palms and I don't know anything about growing them.

Planto

o

Any help would be much appreciated if not telling us there is no hope... Or giving a solution. I'd be ever so grateful...

o

Oops sorry my tablet sent this twice! Thank you for reasurring me very kind :)

o

Thank you very much, sorry I posted that twice! my tablet went all weird!! Thanks for the reassurance :)

o

Oops and again, I'll stop it now :) hoping for some help soon x

o

It's okay, GW burps sometimes and it appears twice or even three times lol.

Just give it a few more day and if you don't get any responses, there is a Palms and Cycads Forum on here. I'd say, give it until Saturday and if you don't get a response, then go over to the Palms forum and ask.

Sometimes certain forums are slower than others at certain times of the year. Seems like Houseplants is having its slow moment right now.

Planto

o

Oh right I didn't know there was a forum for palms thanks! I may post it in there too as my partner is desperate for some help lol x

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here