Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my spider plant a spider plant at all?!

Posted by Shenanigans_91 none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 15:06

QUESTIONS! :)

1. Why do my runners stems have multiple growth on them? In all the pictures I see, they all just have one baby on the very end of the stem. As you can see in my pictures, there multiple...

2. Also, why are my runner stems not straight? Again, in all the pictures I see they are, but mine are kinked. Any ideas?

3. My runners stem has recently turned a light brown color. I watered it today, I'll see if that helps, but does anyone have an idea? Impending doom?!

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

This post was edited by Shenanigans_91 on Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 15:14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my spider plant a spider plant at all?!

SAME PLANT

o

SAME PLANT

o

SAME PLANT.

o

Yes it is a spiderplant, and it looks very healthy...the babies vary from plant to plant, they actually look cute,and the curves give them swag

o

Indeed it is and a very happy spider plant too.

o

Well I am glad to hear it looks healthy! This plant has been through A LOT over the years, so that is good news!

This is the first time it has grown babies in a few years, originally the stems were long. straight, and had one baby plant attached. So when it started to do this, I was a bit confused.

o

Never thought I'd see the day that I was jealous of someone else's chlorophytum stems!

Beautiful plant! :)

o

Shenanigans_91,
You have a 'Bonnie' Spider Plant, which is essentially the curly version to a regular spider plant (curly leaves). The "stems" that the babies grow on are not straight like the regular spider plants, so don't worry. I have an all green 'Bonnie' and mine are looping all over the place, I think but only a couple are straight.

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here