Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We made it~~ and I have INTERNET!

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 15:26

hi all!!

Just wanted to let you know we made it to mom's and dad's house, just as dark as I remember it.

The plants are all doing well, but they will be needing a lot more light real soon here. The "shoots" on my Broomliad Tilla are doing real nice, growing a lot faster than I had expected. They all are doing really well, took the trip in the hot car in the back window in stride. Spent most the afternoon on the porch of the house, shady, no sun hits it, got fresh water and they seem to be doing all pretty good.

For now they are on a shelf in my very dark room, I hope to get some lights for them before my DH goes to AZ for a few mths. I knew I would have problems with light for them. But was hoping for the best.

Anyway~~ we are safe and sound and have INTERNET! That really surprised me.. in a good way for once.

See You All on the Flip Side of Life!!
Marjie :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We made it~~ and I have INTERNET!

Glad to hear you and your plants made it safely Marjie!
Tami

o

Good to hear! May I ask why it's so dark? Lots of trees? I probably just didn't read another post where you already said so, sorry. I do remember reading you were nervous you might not have WWW there. That's OK with me on vacation, but I would be bummed about it for an extended time, too, glad you don't have to deal with that!

o

Tami~ thanks :)

purple~~The house is just dark. It faces N&S and the front and back have covered porches, so no sunlight hits any of the windows.. and there are very few windows. Our room used to be a garage, the only window is blocked by a covered driveway, very small window. So yeah,, it is dark in this house. :(

I don't want a glass house~~ but I do want a lot of natural light!! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here