Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mace63

Need help with my Calathea

Mace63
9 years ago

Hello. I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I got this calathea two weeks ago, and it was fine until three days ago when the leaves started curling. Before I begin with questions; from the pictures I included, I'd like to know what type of calathea this is. I've been looking around internet but can't figure it out.

As for my questions, the obvious one is why do leaves start curling like this? Lack of humidity? Too much watering? Too little watering?

I'd like to know how much and how often do I need to water my calathea. Also, how many times do I need to mist it? I do it with distilled water (both watering the soil and misting), is that okay?

Maybe a silly question, but is lamp light (artificial light) bad for the plant?

You can't see it in this picture, but the plant has one yellow leaf near the bottom. I'd also like to bring to attention the discolored stalk (not sure if this is the proper term) on the top leading to the leaves themselves (the part that seems to have curled the leaves).

I've been reading the posts here about this plant but I'm just lost and would like to get help with this calathea in particular.

I'm grateful to anyone who responds.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH