Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exchanging inactive?

Posted by Grantgarden2 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 17:36

Why is the trading area on houseplants inactive, i thought people would love to trade and get new plants through trading?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exchanging inactive?

Yes, we do, that's true. But right now it's still too early in the season & not warm enough. Here it was still in the 30s just several days ago.

In another month or 2 not only will it be warm enough, the plants will have put on some Spring growth (some, but only some of mine are doing so). That makes them stronger & better able to withstand the travel.

o

Yes, we do, that's true. But right now it's still too early in the season & not warm enough. Here it was still in the 30s just several days ago.

In another month or 2 not only will it be warm enough, the plants will have put on some Spring growth (some, but only some of mine are doing so). That makes them stronger & better able to withstand the travel.

o

Hi I love to trade or give....
what are you looking for, and what do you have...
I have 125 plants...e-mail me.......linda
ps its getting close for shipping.....

o

Hi Grant, glad to hear from another person interested in trading. I've done 3 plant trades already this year, during "warmth windows" and working on 2 more (waiting for more growth on some things, warmer weather for safe sending.) Feel free to look at my exchange page, your note here reminded me to update it today.

The trades in which I've been involved didn't originate from the exchange forum, just people noticing each others' plants and then emailing privately to ask if the person wants to trade, what else they have, etc...

If you have a photo-hosting account where you can put pics of plants you can trade, that helps a lot, both people can "shop" each others' plants.

GW is my first and true love as far as garden forums go, but there's also another one I really like for its' ability to log and track one's plants. Trading on that site is especially easy because of that, although the forums are nowhere near as active. Send me a private note if you would be interested in checking that out, 'twould be rude to discuss it here.

o

P.S., purple, I saw your post in reply to me recently about some trades. I don't remember which thread it was now, but, indeed, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up and growth spurts to happen (I saw you got sillamontana in NOLA, too, eh?!) -- in answer to the OP.

o

Something made me think of this thread so I found it and don't know why I didn't get an email notice when your comment was added, Ozarkia. How's the spurting?

Grant, did you manage to stir up any cool leads or completed trades?

o

I was able to get some cactus trades, but not any houseplant trades...
Grant

o

Grant, that's a cool start. Are you looking for anything in particular? House plant forum has an exchange page also. It just takes a little work contacting people until you find the right thing(s.) Your exchange page is still empty.

o

How are you able to trade grantgarden. Tried to and they threatened to kick me off because Im too young to trade. Arent you only fifteen

o

Huh that is weird teen, in what ways did they try to kick you off? I'm only 16, if you want to trade with me you can, reach me by email. Grant

o

The Special Instructions for the Exchange Page stipulate among other things (bullet #2),

• The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. You must be 18 years or older to participate. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here