Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grantgarden22

exchanging inactive?

Why is the trading area on houseplants inactive, i thought people would love to trade and get new plants through trading?

Comments (11)

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Yes, we do, that's true. But right now it's still too early in the season & not warm enough. Here it was still in the 30s just several days ago.

In another month or 2 not only will it be warm enough, the plants will have put on some Spring growth (some, but only some of mine are doing so). That makes them stronger & better able to withstand the travel.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Yes, we do, that's true. But right now it's still too early in the season & not warm enough. Here it was still in the 30s just several days ago.

In another month or 2 not only will it be warm enough, the plants will have put on some Spring growth (some, but only some of mine are doing so). That makes them stronger & better able to withstand the travel.

• emerald1951
    11 years ago

Hi I love to trade or give....
    what are you looking for, and what do you have...
    I have 125 plants...e-mail me.......linda
    ps its getting close for shipping.....

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Hi Grant, glad to hear from another person interested in trading. I've done 3 plant trades already this year, during "warmth windows" and working on 2 more (waiting for more growth on some things, warmer weather for safe sending.) Feel free to look at my exchange page, your note here reminded me to update it today.

The trades in which I've been involved didn't originate from the exchange forum, just people noticing each others' plants and then emailing privately to ask if the person wants to trade, what else they have, etc...

If you have a photo-hosting account where you can put pics of plants you can trade, that helps a lot, both people can "shop" each others' plants.

GW is my first and true love as far as garden forums go, but there's also another one I really like for its' ability to log and track one's plants. Trading on that site is especially easy because of that, although the forums are nowhere near as active. Send me a private note if you would be interested in checking that out, 'twould be rude to discuss it here.

• ozarkia
    11 years ago

P.S., purple, I saw your post in reply to me recently about some trades. I don't remember which thread it was now, but, indeed, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up and growth spurts to happen (I saw you got sillamontana in NOLA, too, eh?!) -- in answer to the OP.

10 years ago

Something made me think of this thread so I found it and don't know why I didn't get an email notice when your comment was added, Ozarkia. How's the spurting?

Grant, did you manage to stir up any cool leads or completed trades?

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was able to get some cactus trades, but not any houseplant trades...
    Grant

10 years ago

Grant, that's a cool start. Are you looking for anything in particular? House plant forum has an exchange page also. It just takes a little work contacting people until you find the right thing(s.) Your exchange page is still empty.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

How are you able to trade grantgarden. Tried to and they threatened to kick me off because Im too young to trade. Arent you only fifteen

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Huh that is weird teen, in what ways did they try to kick you off? I'm only 16, if you want to trade with me you can, reach me by email. Grant

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

The Special Instructions for the Exchange Page stipulate among other things (bullet #2),

⢠The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. You must be 18 years or older to participate. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor